The Organizational File provides a detailed view of the organizational structure of the University’s academic and administrative departments, including relationships between departments and rollup to the Vice Chancellor, College or Division level. This file is used in applications like the Data Warehouse to selectively provide data to the appropriate staff and managers about their departments and sub-departments.
The organizational file represents the University structure as it is today.
Viewing and Download Formats
The organizational file can be viewed in HTML or PDF format and can be easily downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet.
|Org File Standard Report||Reports-To Report|
|PDF HTML EXCEL||EXCEL|
Updating Your Department’s Information in the Organizational File
Authorized staff can easily create, modify, or change a department’s organizational structure by unit, department or sub-departments by using the Department Update Form (PDF).
Note: This is a PDF document, which can be completed online and then printed for the appropriate signatures.
Changes to the Organizational File can include:
- the official name of a department
- reporting relationships between departments
- deactivation of an existing department
- creation of new funding accounts
- modification of existing funding accounts
- All required fields must be completed
- Only one transaction per form; multiple transactions require multiple forms
- Organizational changes such as new or changed department numbers or abolishment of department numbers can have a significant impact in the University’s Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS). If you are planning such a change, it is strongly recommended that you contact your Human Resources Generalist first to confirm if there are SPA positions or active SPA recruitments which will need to be adjusted prior to or in conjunction with implementing a department number or department title change. A failure to do this could result in significant problems which could require significant effort on the part of the department and the Office of Human Resources to resolve. You may also feel free to contact the HRIS Help Desk who can provide you with information on how these changes impact the HRIS system.
- Appropriate signatures MUST BE obtained before submitting forms
- Send or fax the completed and approved form to:
Vice Provost for Finance and Academic Planning
218 South Building, CB#8000
Questions or feedback to Garrett Hirth at 962-1500.