Training and Professional Development Opportunities
|March 24, 2017||“Evaluating the Teaching and Learning Environment,” 2:00-2:35 pm, Carolina Club
Dr. Steve Buzinski, Psychology & Neuroscience and Dr. Bryant Hutson, Institutional Research & Assessment
Annual Faculty Showcase sponsored by the UNC Center for Faculty Excellence
Visit our resource table, StudentLearning@Carolina, for conversations about assessment of student learning outcomes, guides, sample rubrics, and more.
|April 7, 2017||“Strategies for Implementing Direct Measures of Student Learning for Program Assessment” Workshop, 3:00-4:00 pm, Room 302 Carr Bldg.|
|April 12, 2017||“Creating Rubrics for Evaluating Student Work Products for Use in Program Assessment” Workshop, 2:00-3:00 pm, Room 302 Carr Bldg.|
For more information on these sessions, please email OIRA.
Institutional Research and Assessment staff are available throughout the year to consult with individual faculty and staff charged with responsibility for assessment in their programs and units. They can also give customized presentations or hold informal discussions with groups that need guidance or new ideas for assessing outcomes. Examples of topics might include:
- Redesigning an assessment plan to generate more useful information
- Determining appropriate sample sizes for surveys or for selecting student work to evaluate
- Creating rubrics to use as tools for evaluating written work or rating behavior, performance, or quality of other outputs
- Developing a data collection plan or figuring out how to make use of data originally collected for other purposes
- Designing direct methods of assessing student learning or organizational performance that can be done with a small staff
For more information, please contact Dr. Bryant Hutson at email@example.com.